Post date: Aug 26, 2010 5:21:45 PM
There will be a Committee Meeting 8/31 - Please notify a scoutmaster if you need a conference or if you are ready for committee review on 8/22.
No Scouts on the first day of school (9/7/2010)
On September 14th we will have our annual Fall Court of Honor. Dinner will be at 6:30 followed by our Court of Honor ceremony. This is our biggest court of honor of the year. Scout Mom's and Dad's who would like to help with the dinner, please reply to this message, and we'll make sure Mrs. Showalter gets in touch with you.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: RESPONSE NEEDED!!! Fall stew is coming September 24-25. We're trying to make sure we have all the help we need available in order to know how many pots to make etc. We need folks to commit to:
- Moving the Pots Thursday night September 23rd. Usually this takes about 6-8 strong men a couple of hours, about 7-9:00 that night.
- Chicken Picking Friday at 6:00 All hands needed!
- Adults and Scouts to stay overnight. We really need at least three shifts (5-6 scouts) to do this. We're more than happy to have (and encourage) adults to volunteer to stir with the boys. Please let us know if you can stay, and if you will stir!
- Packing the Stew - Saturday morning - We start packing around 6-6:30 and we're usually done by 8:00.
- Clean up and returning the pots - Again, strong men for cleaning the pots.
PLEASE REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL AND LET US KNOW YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP AND WITH WHAT. THE FUTURE OF STEW IS IN YOUR HANDS!
There is a Fishing/Camping Trip planned for September 17-19. Get this on your calendar!
On Sunday at 9/19 there will be a SEABASE meeting for all scouts and leaders (and parents of scouts) who plan to attend. A commitment check of $400 is expected from all participants (scouts and leaders). We have space for a few more!
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Remember the fallen.
- 9/7 No Scouts - First Day of School
- 9/10-12 OA Service Weekend (and ordeal for new members)
- 9/14 Court of Honor - 6:30 Dinner
- 9/17-19 - Camping/Fishing trip
- 9/19 - Seabase meeting
- 9/24-25 - Fall Stew
- 7/20-7/26 2011 SEABASE!
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders. If you are leaving the meeting early, please make sure the scoutmaster or an assistant scoutmaster know you are leaving so we won’t go looking for you.