Post date: May 1, 2009 2:30:51 PM
Troop Leadership Training is Thursday April 30th 6:00 – 9:00. All new troop youth leaders should attend – from SPL to assistant Patrol Leaders – Everyone with a leadership position will benefit, and the troop benefits from every youth leader attending!
Stephen K’s Eagle Court of Honor is Sunday – May 3rd 4:00. Please plan on attending. Stephen wants us to show up about 2:30. It’s at Mechanicsville Presbyterian Church: 7339 Atlee Road Mechanicsville, VA 23111.
May 12 – 6:30 (That’s Tuesday right before our meeting!) Pack 555 will be bridging Steven C. into the troop. I know we will all want to be there to welcome our newest scout!
From B Ward:
1. There is a new Scout Hand book in the works, the first total re-work in many years. It promises to look through the history and values of scouting through the years. It should be out sometime in the summer.
2. Jamboree Spaces still open, however they are filling fast.
3. Summer Camp Medical form need to be turned in.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Earnest is better than hip!
· 4/30 – 6:00 – 9:00 Troup Leadership Training (The best of the best of the best - Sir!)
· 5/3 - 4:00 - Stephen K’s Eagle Court of Honor (arrive for preparation at 2:30)
· 5/12 – 6:30 – Pack 555 Bridging Ceremony (Y’all come now – you hear?)
· 5/30 – Charles G’s Court of Honor
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders.