Post date: Apr 22, 2009 11:21:13 PM
New rules for Circle Time – Circle time was a bit different this week – new rules: Souts and leaders planning to make announcements at circle time must clear their announcements with the SPL prior to the beginning of circle time.
The Whitewater trip has been cancelled – after several attempts to get commitments we were unable to get enough folks who could go to get the group discounts needed.
In honor of Global Youth Service day food bags were available to fill and take to the Hanover Schools. – If you took a bag, please send in some food.
Kurt G’s Eagle Court of Honor is the 26th – Please plan on attending. Kurt asks that folks involved in the ceremony arrive early – about 1:30.
Troop Leadership Training is scheduled for Thursday April 30th 6:00 – 9:00. All new troop youth leaders should attend – from SPL to assistant Patrol Leaders – Everyone with a leadership position will benefit, and the troop benefits from every youth leader attending!
Stephen K’s Eagle Court of Honor is the next Sunday – May 3rd 4:00. Please plan on attending.
From B Ward:
1. OA Service Weekend 29-31 May 2009 (Sign-up form to come later).
2. For the Adult Leaders: Super Saturday 6 June 2009 Sign-Up on line at www.scoutingvirginia.com under the council calendar for June 6, 2009
3. New Battlefield District Website is now: http://www.battlefieldscouting.org/phpwebsite/ all Scouting Information for Battlefield District will now be put through here. Not on the council website.
4. Jamboree Spaces still open, however they are filling fast.
5. For those that were given a medical form on 4/14/2009 we need these back ASAP.
From Mr. Showalter
1. Scout account totals are updated – see or contact Mr. Showalter if you want to know what is in your account.
2. The troop is looking for adult volunteers for two positions – Popcorn Kernel (the leader for the fall popcorn sale), and a new Troop Treasurer to begin in the fall. If you have any questions about what is involved please contact Mr. Showalter.
3. Please make your deposits for Summer Camp.
Advice from the Scoutmaster: Taking time to fix a problem is better than complaining about it!
· 4/26 – 2:30 Kurt G.’s Eagle Court of Honor
· 4/30 – 6:00 – 9:00 Troup Leadership Training
· 5/3 - 4:00 - Stephen K’s Eagle Court of Honor
· 5/12 – 6:30 – Pack 555 Bridging Ceremony
· 5/30 – Charles G’s Court of Honor
Please remember that Troop meetings start promptly at 7:30. Leaders are there from about 7:15 and Scouts can gather and take advantage of this time to talk to the leaders.