Announcements‎ > ‎

May 18th - Day Hike

posted May 10, 2019, 8:42 AM by Sharla Stewart
We have been unable to find adequate available camping facilities for the campout planned for May 17-19 so we have decided to cancel the campout. We will offer a day hike outing to Kennesaw Mountain instead. 

There will be no charge for the day hike. If you have already paid for the campout, we can refund your money on Monday, May 13 or you can choose to have the funds put into credits for a future campout.

For the day hike, we will meet at the Troop Lodge at 9:30 am on Saturday, May 18. Each person should bring a sack lunch, a water bottle, rain gear, hat, sunscreen, and day-pack. If you have a compass, you may bring it as well. We plan to hike at least five miles so that it will qualify for one of the rank requirements (Second Class 3b).

If heavy rain or thunderstorms are likely, we will cancel the hike. Please sign up on Monday, May 13 if you plan to attend the hike so we know to expect you. You may also reply to this email and we will add your name to the list.