1. Be active in your troop and patrol for at least 4 months as a First Class Scout.
2. Demonstrate scout spirit by living the Scout Oath (Promise) and Scout Law in your everyday life.
3. Earn 6 more merit badges, including any 4 more from the required list for Eagle.*
(First Aid, Camping, Citizenship in the Community, Citizenship in the Nation, Citizenship in the World, Communications, Personal Fitness, Environmental Science, Personal Management, Emergency Preparedness OR Lifesaving, Swimming OR Hiking OR Cycling, and Family Life)
4. While a First Class Scout, take part in service projects totaling at least 6 hours of work. These projects must be approved by your Scoutmaster.
5. While a First Class Scout, serve actively 4 months in one or more of the following positions of responsibility (or carry out a Scoutmaster-assigned leadership project to help the troop):
Senior Patrol leader
Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
Venture Patrol Leader
OA Troop Representative
Leave No Trace Trainer
6. Take part in a Scoutmaster conference
7. Complete your board of review
* A Scout may choose any of the 15 required merit badges in the 12 categories to fulfill requirement 3.