TRONG 'S PERSONAL PAGE
I enrolled the SMU PhD program in August 2014 under the supervision of Associate Professor Hady W. Lauw and Assistant Professor Yuan Fang. My research interests are text/web mining, natural language processing and recommender systems.
Besides doing research, I love playing guitar, piano as well as table tennis.
- June 25, 2018: Pass the "Effective Communication Skills for Graduate Instructors" assessment to be a GI in Term 1 AY18-19.
- April 17, 2018: Paper accepted at IJCAI'18, titled "Modeling Contemporaneous Basket Sequences with Twin Networks for Next-Item Recommendation".
- June 8, 2017: Received the IJCAI Student Travel Award to attend the IJCAI 2017 conference in Melbourne, Australia
- April 23, 2017: The paper titled "Basket-Sensitive Personalized Item Recommendation" has been accepted at IJCAI 2017
- Sep 19, 2016 – Sep 23, 2016: Participated the ECMLPKDD 2016 conference in Riva del Garda, Italy
- June 20, 2016: The paper titled "Modeling Sequential Preferences with Dynamic User and Context Factors" has been accepted at ECMLPKDD 2016
- Duc-Trong Le, Hady W.Lauw, Yuan Fang. Modeling Contemporaneous Basket Sequences with Twin Networks for Next-Item Recommendation. IJCAI'18, July 2018, Stockholm, Sweden
- Duc-Trong Le, Hady W. Lauw, Yuan Fang. Basket-sensitive Personalized Item Recommendation. IJCAI'17, August 2017, Melbourne, Australia.
- Duc-Trong Le, Yuan Fang, and Hady W. Lauw. Modeling Sequential Preferences with Dynamic User and Context Factors. ECMLPKDD'16, Sep 2016, Rivar Del Garda, Italy.
- Conference External Reviewer: AIRS' 16, PAKDD'17, DSAA'17
- Teaching Assisistant:
- AY16-17: IS103 - Computational Thinking
- AY16-17: IS201 - Object Oriented Application Development
- AY17-18: IS103 - Computational Thinking
- Graduate Instructor:
- AY18-19: IS103 - Computational Thinking