Friday-Monday, January 13-16, 2017
Lunch Break after Games 4 and 12
- Friday 6 PM: 5-Game Early Bird (optional)
9:30 AM: Main Event, Games 1-8
Sun 9:30 AM: Main Event, Games 9-16
- Sun 2:30 PM: Unrated Newcomers Tournament
- Mon 9:30 AM: 5-Game Late Bird (optional)
2400 Pratt Street
Durham NC 27705
|Number of Games:
divided at 1600, 1100, plus CSW Division
$80 minimum donation
($10 late charge for payments
postmarked after 1/5/17)
| David Klionsky
The entrant's published rating as of Jan 1, 2017 will
determine division placement. Players may request to
"play up" if within 100 points of ratings cutoff. Director
retains the right to move entrants to maintain balanced
divisions. Each division will play 14 rounds using Swiss
Pairings, plus 2 final King-of-the Hill rounds.
Main event participants must be current members of
the North American
Scrabble Player's Association. We strongly advise new
players to play at a local SCRABBLE® Club before entering a
tournament. Remember to bring your own deluxe board, racks,
protiles, & clock if you have them.
within walking distance include: Cambria Hotel and Suites,
The University Inn,
Millenium Hotel. Some home hospitality
accommodations available on request.
Durham is known for its great restaurants! Read
the Carpe Durham blog to
get some recommended dining choices.
All participants are expected
to know and follow the
Official Tournament Rules.
1. Fill out form below
2. Mail Checks or Money Order
1010 N Duke St.
Durham, NC 27701
- Please fill in the Registration Form below, and click submit button.
- Make all Main Event and Newcomer's Event checks payable to "Duke PBMT Family Support".
- Make "Early Bird" and "Late Bird" checks payable to David Klionsky (or click here to pay online)
- If you cannot play with us, but wish to contribute to the
cause, send a check to the address above. Thanks!
- Please add $10 additional donation for entries submitted
Triangle Scrabble® Club Charity Tournament
January 13-16, 2017