The Neighborhood Showdown
Practice Time: 12:00-1:00 PM
All Tournaments Begin at 1:00 PM
January 12, 2020 Group Match Play-8 Rounds
February 9, 2020 Flip Frenzy
March 8, 2020
April 12, 2020
May 10, 2020
Come join us at the Neighborhood Sports Bar and Arcade in Cary for our monthly pinball tournament, held on the 2nd Sunday of each month! The format will vary each month, so check back to find out the format.
The cost of the entry is the $1 IFPA rating fee along with coin drops. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 players! Prize amounts will depend on the number of people that enter. So bring your friends out, and push the prize pot up.
- 9-Strike Progressive: Players will be in groups of 4 on a machine. The winner will receive 0 strikes, 2nd place will receive 1 strike, 3rd place will receive 2 strikes, and 4th place will receive 3 strikes. New groups of 4 on new machines will be formed for the second round and so on. Play continues until all but one player has 9 strikes.
- 5-Strike Fair: Players will be in groups of 4 on a machine. The winner will receive 0 strikes, 2nd and 3rd place will receive 1 strike, and 4th place will receive 2 strikes. New groups of 4 on new machines will be formed for the second round and so on. Play continues until all but one player has 5 strikes.
- 3-Strike Group Knockout: Players will be in groups of 4 on a machine. First and second place will receive 0 strikes, 3rd and fourth place will receive 1 strike. New groups of 4 on new machines will be formed for the second round and so on. Play continues until all but one player has 3 strikes.
- Flip Frenzy: A set amount of time will be set aside for the first round of the tournament (3 hours). Players will play in head-to-head matches until time expires. At the start of the tournament, there will be a queue of players waiting for players currently on machines. When a game concludes...the winner will be reported to the tournament director, Player 1 will become Player 2 on the same machine for the next game. Player 2 will move to the bottom of the waiting queue, and the first person in the waiting queue will become Player 1 on that game. This continues until the time limit expires.
- Group Match Play: A set number of rounds will be decided before the tournament. All players will play in all rounds in groups of 4 on a single machine per round. Players will receive points each round depending on where they finish. 7 points for 1st, 5 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd, and 1 point for 4th. Groups of 3 scoring will be 7/4/1. The player with the most points after the set number of rounds will win. Tiebreaks for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place will be decided on a single final game chosen at random.