Relonzo GY 229

The Relonzo was built by Cook Welton & Gemmel 11/05/1914 for G F Sleight.

Requisitioned by the Royal Navy 04/1915 as an Anti-Submarine vessel and equipped with Hydrophonic Listening Equipment. Adm 1614 

Returned to owners 1920

17/11/1933 sold to Sleight & Humphrey Grimsby

1939 Requisitioned by the Royal Navy as a Minesweeper FY 843

20/01/1941 She was sunk by mine in the River Mersey in Crosby Channel off C10 Red Buoy

She was serving with the 136th Minesweeper Group based at Birkenhead

Her Details are

  • Official Number 136988
  • Yard Number 298
  • Admiralty Number WW1 1614, WW2 Pennant  FY 843
  • Armament 1 x 12pdr
  • 245 GT 107 NT
  • Dimensions 120.5 x 22 x 12.3
  • Quarter Deck 67'
  • Engines by C D Holmes 80 NHP 10.5 Knots