Ameer GY 397

The Ameer was built by Smiths Dock North Shields for E Sleights and was delivered on 11/1908

She was Requisitioned in 08/1914 and converted for minesweeping duties. 

Her Details Are

  • Official No 127836
  • Call Sign HNKB
  • Admiralty No 38
  • Armamants 1 x 6 pdr
  • 216 GT 83 NT 
  • Dimensions 117.4 x 21.6 x 11.6
  • Quarter Deck 67' Foc'sle 19'
 

This photo courtesy of the Grimsby Evening Telegraph 
 
She was lost on 18/03/1916 having been mined off Felixstowe whilst in Admiralty Service