- 1 cup bulghur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup minced scallions, white and green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and medium-diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Put the bulgur wheat in a bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Add the lemon juice, oil, and 1 1/2 tsp of the salt and give it a stir, then let it sit at room temperature for one hour, or until soft.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and serve.