Ideas for the Health Care working group are being pioneered by Transition Mar Vista
. They have begun exploring the topic in a series of local events.
- For current gatherings, see the TMV calendar
- These include "Community Wellness Mondays"
- Brain Gym
- Meeting of CAAM (California Association of Ayurvedic Medicine)
- sustainable health care talks
- TMV has hosted topics such as "Courage to Heal," Taoist healing, homeopathy, and "Spiritual Energy Healing"
- Read about the results of the March 2010 event
- sample event announcements
Sustainable Health Care resources
- The Healing Arts: Exploring the Medical Ways of the World, by Ted Kaptchuk and Michael Croucher (Summit Books 1987).
A mind-expanding discussion that crosses many modalities, from
accupuncture and Ayurvedic to Native American healers to scientific
(Western) medicine. Available in El Segundo Public Library.