While this site is inclusive to different beliefs, I, like everyone, have certain beliefs about transgenderism and it might help readers to know them.
- Some trans people should transition to the opposite side of the
gender spectrum. Some should transition to the middle as bigender
or genderqueer. Some should stay where they are. Every decision should
be made based on the individual and by the individual.
- A person should not transition against their conscience. They
may attempt to change their conscience, but if it does not change,
neither should they.
- The choice of a married person to transition should be
made by that person and their spouse together. Neither spouse has veto
power over the other but must come to consensus.
- The choice to transition (of an
unmarried person) belongs to the individual and them alone. Friends,
family, and clergy may and should give their opinions according to the
closeness of their relationships, but should not pressure and should
- History demonstrates that male fetishists have a much lower success rate in transition than other groups. This does not mean all fetishists should not transition per se, but is a warning.
- Many transgender children lose their feeling after puberty. This does not mean no children should transition, but is a warning.
- Transgender ethics should be created by transgender people ( including ex-trans
people). If ethics are created by an outside majority to the oppression
of the internal minority, justice and righteousness will not happen.
- Humility regarding knowledge and perspective. Giants in the
scientific field of transgenderism (psychology and biology) acknowledge
we have much to learn. We should not create ethics around lacking
- It is better to be compassionate than to be theologically correct. All people must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Others should use either the pronouns preferred or be gender neutral.
- Others should not pray for someone to or not to
transition. They should pray strongly and fairly for God to lead the
person to the right decision. Wisdom, strength, humility, patience, and
listening are some virtues to pray for.
- If transitioning is considered sin, it should not be treated more harshly than other sins.
identity and gender at birth are confidential. The only exceptions are
of a spouse or best friend and only with a single clergy person or
close friend. Gossip, as always, is not acceptable.
people must respect the right of pro-binary thinkers to believer and
act according to their conscience, given their actions are virtuous in
every other way.
- No one should violate anyone's Freedom of Speech.
- The sacraments of marriage, baptism, and the eurcharist should
not be denied based on transitioning, but the clergy has the right to
- Christ calls everyone, even heretics and fear mongers, to
reconciliation. When anyone does not love God enough to continually
work toward reconciliation, they should part amiably.