Writing letters and other documents using OpenOffice Write
There are templates available. They will help you format your document so that it looks good. Here is how you use them:
- Minimize this browser and look at the desktop.
- Find the folder labeled station X's documents.
- Open it, then open the template subfolder.
- Double click on the template you want. A read-only copy will open.
- Once it is open in OpenOffice, choose file/save as.
- Save it under the name of your choice to the desktop or to your floppy or flash drive.
- You can then edit this copy you saved.
templates are available if you are willing to edit them a bit and then
store for later use. Open Open Office and choose file/wizards then letter, fax or agenda.
You need some examples of content?
Online, fill-in-the-blank tools?
But first you might want to see some good, basic advice.
remember to save your work frequently. Preferably in at least two
places such as on a [usbflash|flash drive] and in an [online