posted Dec 4, 2013, 8:07 AM by Towson High Music
updated Feb 9, 2017, 5:25 PM
THS Honors Jazz Ensemble Audition Information
Auditions for the 2017-2018 ensemble will be held on Friday, 2/24/16 in room 255. It is located on the 2nd floor of Towson High School. Click here to signup!
- The audition for the
Honors Jazz Ensemble occurs in late February. This year you may sign up for your audition on Friday, 2/24/17. Current jazz ensemble members who wish to audition for next years' ensemble will do so during class time. Do not sign-up if you are a current member!
- The scale requirements,
audition music, and improvisation play-a-long file are all posted below.
- The Honors Jazz Band performs
at the THS Winter and Spring Music concerts, a special Holiday concert at Kenilworth Mall in December, the Basket Bingo fundraiser in February, Towson Gardens Day, and other special events.
- Additional clinics and performances are added each year.
- If you have any
questions after reading this information, please contact Mr. Rhen at email@example.com.
Requirements for the
Brass and Woodwinds Audition:
- DOWNLOAD the audition requirements, music selections, Improvisation chord chart for your instrument, and play-a-long file which is posted below.
- SCALES: 1 of the Major scales (up to 4 flats and 4 sharps), the chromatic scale, and the concert F blues scale. Blues Scale degrees = 1 b3 4 #4 5 b7 8
- IMPROVISATION - Required for ALL instruments except drum
set. Improvisation chords and play along file are found below.
- Rhythm section including Piano, Guitar, Bass, and Vibraphone
- Music is posted at the bottom of this page
chord changes in the key of F with trading 4 measure soloing, one chorus in
each of the styles of Swing (= 120) Latin (= 100) Funk (=
- IMPROVISATION - F Blues song is required for ALL instruments except drum set.