We are reaching out to ask that you spread the news that BCPS is in need of long-term music substitutes. Interested applicants can apply online https://www.bcps.org/apps/hiring/ and questions may be directed to:
Temporary and Pupil Services Staffing
Laura Lough, HR Officer
Jessica Ey, HR Analyst
Amy Cohn, Coordinator of Music & Dance
Office of Music and Dance Education
Baltimore County Public Schools
Jefferson Building, 4th Floor
105 West Chesapeake Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
Attached are the lists of students selected for the 2016 High School All Honors Ensembles. Congratulations to all students who auditioned!!
The Baltimore Jazz Education Project will present a free Jazz concert on Saturday, October 22nd 6pm-7:30 at Mount Hebron Presbyterian Church
2330 Mt. Hebron Drive Ellicott City, MD 21042. The concert will feature our students, Claire Daly, Carl Filipiak, Lafayette Gilchrist, Robert Shahid and Gregory Thompkins.
The purpose of this message is to give you all the important information regarding the Towson University Honor Band Festival. I very much hope to get all of your students involved and we have a terrific day of music making. Just a quick reminder, here are the logistics.
When: Saturday, December 10th. Its a one-day event culminating with a concert in the evening by both bands and the TU Symphonic Band
Where: Towson University Campus, 7700 Osler Drive, Towson MD, 21204
Fees: 25 Dollars a Student, Checks made payable to TU Foundation (money pays for things like shirt, food, etc...)
Directors: Brian Balmages, John Miliauskas, Eric Posner, and Chris Cicconi
Guidelines to Register:
1. Open to ALL High School Students, regardless of age.
2. You may nominate as many students as you like, however, last year we were unable to take all the flute students and percussion students nominated, everyone else we were able to accommodate. Rest assure, we will work to have everyone attend!
3. The deadline for registration is October 28th. After this date, you will receive your accepted students and a timeline outlining the rest of the process.
How to Register:
There are a few ways to register your students. (the google form is the optimal way)
1. You can nominate your students through the google form. https://goo.gl/forms/E2FuQzr9Gk9HRn7Z2
The downside to this is you would need to input each student's full information then start again for each subsequent student. This form has every detail regarding the entire day!
2. Send this google form, https://goo.gl/forms/E2FuQzr9Gk9HRn7Z2, to your students and have them fill it out. Let them take the initiative to get all that in. If you take this route, great! If I get 80 students from your band I may ask you to help me narrow it down, or you can ask students who would be interested in coming and playing, and just send the link to them.
3. Fill out the old form that we have used over the past few years and send back to me as a PDF or word document attachment. That form is attached to this email.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me! I can't tell you how excited I am to be working with your students again this year at the TU Honor Band. We had about 200 come last year from 10 different counties and it was a remarkable event!
Looking forward to seeing you all very soon!
Director of Bands and Orchestras
Assistant Professor of Music Education
2 flyers are attached at the bottom...
I am very pleased to announce that the String Area at Towson University will again be hosting the 2016 TU Senior All State Workshop for Strings on Friday, October 21 in the Center for the Arts at Towson University.
PS. Please forgive any duplication!
Dr. Jeffrey Howard,
See attached file
Follow this link for details: http://www.shepherd.edu/wordpress-1/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Fall-Visitation-Day-2016.pdf
Contact the event organizers at: MMday@towson.edu