My E-Portfolio created inEdSE606
Principles of Middle School Science and Technology
Kari Picillo- My Resume
Please email me (above) for personal information
Seeking a NYC special education teaching position (Math, Technology preferred)
Energetic and responsible teacher wanting to transport middle school students into the twenty-first century. My education, knowledge of technology and fifteen years of business experience, afford me the tools to create an enjoyable learning environment that will produce measurable learning results in the shortest period of time.
· Bachelors Degree in Marketing.
· Experienced in use of the Internet, video, web portfolios and educational software.
· Dedicated to educating our student in the highest level of technology while creating a nurturing environment..
Education, Honors, and Certifications
Bachelor of Science Marketing
St. John’s University, Jamaica, New York 1988
Completed 30 credits towards MS in General and Special Education, Touro College
NY State Internship Certification General Education 2008
NY State Internship Certification Special Education 2008
NY State Pre-Professional Teachers Assistants Certification 2007
Certified in Middle Education 5-9 in General and Special Education
Plan and instruct each subject area using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
Implement technological approaches to subject material. Research educational resources on the Internet. Assist with information retrieval.
· Software: Microsoft Windows® and DOS, WordPerfect, Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of the Internet
· Trouble Shooting
Teacher’s Assistant, Valley Stream North High School
Technology and Special Education
2005-2006 Substitute Teacher, Valley Stream Central High School District
1997-2001 Quality Control Analyst, Robert Plan Corporation
· MIS Project Administrator
· System Security Administrator
· Production Support Liaison for all Robert Plan Systems
· Liaison between vendors and management
· Systems Trainer
· Conducted all testing for system production changes
1994-1997 Business Analyst, Robert Plan Corporation
· Member of the project team that developed the Robert Plan Management System and Enterprise Imaging System
· Project Manager
· Responsible for the integration of the Property Damage claims handling process into a viable application within the RPM System
1993-1994 Property Damage Manager, Robert Plan Corporation
· Managed a staff of twenty adjusters
· Conducted technical training programs for all new adjusters
· Processed performance evaluations and maintained budgetary guidelines
· Audited files for compliance with regulations and authorized claims for payment over supervisors authority
1990-1993 Property Damage Supervisor, Robert Plan Corporation
· Handled Third Party Claims
· Supervised six employees
1988-1990 Claims Examiner, Allstate Insurance Company
· Handled First, Third, Subrogation and initial No-Fault Claims
· Working knowledge of Regulation 64 & 68
1984-1985 Customer Service Representative, Aetna Insurance Company
Reference Upon Request