My E-Portfolio created in
EdSE-606-Math, Science,and Technology
To obtain a position as a science teacher in a school district that will allow me to utilize
my educational, bilingual, and interpersonal skills to influence students in a positive way.
· New York State Teacher Certification - Biology & Chemistry
· American Heart Association C.P.R. and First Aid
· Developed and Administered 8th Grade State Assessment Curriculum.
· Designed Lessons to Accommodate a Differentiated Classroom.
· Planned and Supervised Exploratory Laboratory Activities.
· Planned Lessons that Integrate Technology and Virtual Labs.
Massapequa U.F.S.D., Massapequa, N.Y.
Leave Replacement Teacher, May 2002 - June 2002
· Instructed New York State Biology Curriculum.
Permanent Substitute teacher, January 2002 - June 2002
· Involves implementing daily lesson plans for grades 7-12.
Student Teacher – Massapequa High School / Berner Middle School, Sept. 2001 - Dec. 2001
· Instructed and assisted students in New York State Biology Curriculum.
· Instructed Physical Science at Berner Middle School
· Evaluate sports related injuries and administer appropriate rehabilitative techniques.
· Served during regular season and traveled to NJCAA Wrestling Tournament.
Touro College, New York, N.Y.
· Masters of Special Education, January 2006 - Present
New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, NY
· Bachelors of Science in Secondary Education - 2001
· Concentration in Biology and Chemistry
· Literate in Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet Research, Smart Board and Video Streaming
· Freeport PTA
References: Available upon request