- A number of agencies and governing groups have put together a "Statement of principles on key professional skills for researchers" - a draft of this document is available here
- The Career Development working group is planning on a Postdoc Career Fair in the coming year, to highlight academic and alternative careers for postdocs. E-mail us if you are interested in helping with this important event.
- The postdoctoral association has a number of copies of the handbook "Making the right moves: A practical guide to scientific management for postdocs and new faculty" available for loan, contact ocipda at gmail dot com if you wish to obtain one.
- For those interested in entrepreneurial careers, the MaRS Collaboration Centre offers a free course - the MaRS Entrepreneurship 101 Lecture Series , which is open to anyone who is interested. More MaRS events available on the Upcoming Events page.
- A number of websites are devoted to career development resources and career opportunities for postdocs, including phds.org, Bio Career Center , Science Careers, Nature Jobs, the National Postdoctoral Association Career Development page, U of T Career Center links, among others.
- The Rotman School of Management at University of Toronto also sent out the following press release regarding a new grant provided by the CIHR for those interested in entrepreneurial careers, information below.
- Recent finds:
Science Careers has put up a career basics booklet, link and brief description below:
As part of the Science Careers Outreach Program, we have collected in a booklet a series of articles addressing all manner of career development issues. The 80-page booklet has all the information that you need to get your career on the right track: articles and resource lists provide information on choosing a career path, marketing yourself, skills needed in different career paths, and diversity issues.