Welcome to Google Tools!
In this class you will learn how to work with an incredibly powerful and easy to use suite of tools. And the best part is they are free! The main core group of tools is called Google Applications and these are the tools we will focus on. This group includes:
- Documents- Easy to use and feature rich, these tools allow you to make word processing documents, spreadsheets and presentations quickly and distribute them with powerful sharing features
- Sites- There is no faster, easier way to build a fully functioning, quality website
- Calendar- Make and share calendars, invite other users and combine your calendars for one powerful way to stay organized
- Forms-An outstanding, powerful and easy to use tool for collecting and organizing data.
There are a myriad of choices out there for document creation and online collaboration. Our research has shown that the Google suite of tools is consistently the most reliable, feature rich, and flexible toolkit available. We considered factors such as up time, bugs, learning curve and updates as well. Google's tools always ranked at the top of the charts versus other tools. With Google you can:
- Quickly create and share documents
- Save money on expensive and unnecessary software
- Collaborate on documents across the room or around the world
- Access documents from any computer with an internet connection
- Store any document online and stop keeping track of flash drives
- Leverage the organizational power of these tools to manage your personal agendas, classroom or library calendars and many other tasks