GLOSSARY OF KEY WORDS
3D drawing using 30° angles
Add shading to a drawing
Colour a drawing to make it look like an actual material
Computer aided design/Computer aided manufacture
Flat 2D layout of a shape before assembly
A natural resource that cannot be replaced
A natural resource that can be replenished
Manufacturing 3D models from card
Learning and teaching objectives:
· Acquire competence in isometric drawing (hand skills)
· Develop skills in shading and rendering using pencils and coloured pencils
· Develop competence in 2D Design Tools by producing isometric letters and adding 3 tone shading.
· Use ProDesktop to extrude letter shapes and render in photo album
· Acquire knowledge of practicing designers (Robert Sabuda)
· Acquire safe working practices and an understanding of Risk Assessment
· Develop an understanding in use of CAD/CAM as well as advantages and disadvantages.
· Look at existing logos to gain an understanding of designing with a view to brandingUsing 2D Design Tools to produce their own logo (CAD) and the laser machine (CAM) to cut it out.
DESIGN TECHNOLOGY KS3 - SCHEME OF WORK – YEAR 7
Lord Williams’s School, Towersey Road, Thame, Oxon. OX9 3NW
Curriculum Files\KS3\Year 7\Graphics\Introduction to Graphics & CADCAM SOW.DOC