ASSEMBLY THE PLOT:
Enter to Simpsons music.
The family are watching TV. They see a succession of adverts.
Each advert highlights a different way of playing on people’s insecurities.
• New car – keeping up with the neighbours
• Holidays – quick fix – makes everything better.
• Sofa – don’t really need it – bargin
• Jewellery – home shopping channel too easy to spend money.
• Toys – pester power.
• Deodorant – insecurity about self image – likes the lifestyle.
• Wonga.com – quick fix money problems.
After each advert the family discuss how their lives would improve if they had these things.
On a power point an amount of money, after each advert the amount of money goes down, ‘ker-ching’ noise after each amount goes.
Last scene: Bayliffs come and start taking their belongings away.
Leave to Jessie J – Price Tag.