Apologies for failing to post past minutes.
Parish council minutes – 23/07/2014
Present: Father AW, Mary Feerick, Mary Brennan, Barbara Carroll, Keiron Sparrowhawk.
Apologies: Lorraine Dinnegan
1. Read minutes of 25 June
2. Matters arising
· Tea after mass if we have volunteers.
· Would help with newcomers in the parish.
· To get the parish closer together.
3. Diocese efforts on fund raising
· All across the diocese our parishes have been asked to fund a large sum of money for retiring priests, seminary and Caritas.
· An American fund raising group have been brought in to help
· But it involves a scheme where we approach big givers already
· Some Priests have not cooperated.
· Archbishop has asked that parishioners be made aware of the need for the money. He agreed that individuals should not be approached.
· Financial Secretary Camaletto to get in touch after August 5 with a Plan
· Fundraisers may come and give advice to our Finance Committee
4. Parish repairs
· Pigeon’s have a ledge still to perch on. James Stagg blitzes the place.
· Pigeon people to use wire
· James Finnegan has fixed slates round the outside of the church – great work
· Waiting for update on internal work
· The new repository still needs to be done – we need a carpenter to remove beading and hinge an opening. Would be good to get going in time for Communions. We also need volunteers to run it.
5. SVP update
· Still going well
· Will check to see if officers have been appointed.
6. London Citizens Update
· Arsenal to pay the living wage Facebook
7. Manager for Hall
· A couple has shown interest and have been given the contract – will see what they say
8. Parish Website
· Keiron to see Mary re the website
9. Justice and Peace –The Finsbury Park Games – 21 September 2014; 1pm-4pm
· Perhaps Christ the King could put forward a team – in newsletter.
· There are several school governors we could ask.
· Justice and Peace said could we do something about the Holy Land
· Propose that we open the church on next Monday, 28th July, 2014 for a DAY OF PRAYER – this may allow as many people to pray throughout the day
· In newsletter and on notice boards
· Praying for people who are working on both sides for peace, against the violence, people involved in peace activities, and for those causing the warfare.
· This is complex. All sides have some blame.
· Need for prayer is enormous
· Information sheets for next Monday
· Keiron to look at Valerie’s note
· To have day of prayer on an on going basis.
· If it takes off, may be effective to find half a dozen people on a rolling basis
11. Next meeting September 17 at 7:30pm