The TMEA All-State Small School Choir was established for schools in classifications A - 4A as an alternative to the Large School Choir audition process. In 2016, this process was modified by TMEA to include 2 rounds of audition prior to the Area audition in January.
- Small School Choir auditions will take place at the beginning of Rounds 2 and 3 prior to the Area Audition in January.
- Students will audition prior to the Large School Choir audition in the same voice part rooms.
- The top 4 students in each section at the Pre-Area round will advance to the Area round.
Literature will be the same for Large School Choirs and Small School Choirs at the Region audition.
- Flight Song (Arnesen) [SATB] - Earthsongs S - 412
- Sing Joyfully (Byrd) [SSAATB] - EC Schirmer 1.5218
- Come to Me (Chatman) [SATB] - EC Schirmer 7.0616
- Hymn to the Dawn (Holst) [SSAA] - Alfred GMOD00287
- Beati mortui (Mendelssohn) [TTBB] - Alliance AMP0311
Literature for the Small School Choirs Pre-Area audition:
- Aina That Good News (Dawson) [SATB] - Kjos T103A
- He Watching Over Israel (Mendelssohn) [SATB] - Schirmer / Hal Leonard 50293760
- In Virtuta Domine (Gorczycki) [SATB] - Shawnee / Hal Leonard 35010821
Audition Event Information: