About Us‎ > ‎

Our History

On April 23, 1951 a group of ten families known as Charter members formed a dual parish with St. John's Lutheran Church in Aliceville, KS.  They conducted the first service of Trinity Lutheran Church December 3, 1950.  For two years, services were in Mr. and Mrs. R. A. Schotte's home.  The group began a search for a permanent church home, purchasing a property at the corner of 6th and Garrettson. An old school house was placed on a basement and after completion it was dedicated on October 18, 1953.  The LWML was chartered, an active youth group was started, and Trinity enjoyed new growth of membership and attendance. The Voters Assembly voted to build a new worship facility.  On September 7, 1980 the ground breaking ceremony for the present building was held.  This building was dedicated June 21, 1981. The Education Building was completed in August 1988 and the Preschool program also began.