Marine Science Association Myanmar
Marine Science Association Myanmar (MSAM) is a subject based local NGO of Myanmar.
All MSAM members are alumni of Marine Science at Mawlamyine, Pathein and Myeik Universities of Myanmr. It is a newly formed LNGO.
Before forming as an association, we did some activities among the alumni of Marine Science so as to raise our friendship and held Pay Homage ceremony every year to the founder teachers of the Marine Biology Department (now, Marine Science) at Mawlamyine University in recognition of their effort and to show our deep respect to them.
Marine Science Association Myanmar is a non-profit making and non-governmental organization. It is not a member (or) not related to any political party and political organization.
Marine and coastal environment conservation and sustainable use of marine living resources will support effectively to sustainable development, reduction of climate change and poverty alleviation.
The Marine Science Association Myanmar (MSAM) shall take part in conservation and sustainable development of marine and coastal area of Myanmar with its concerted effort.
To take part in the sustainable development activities of Myanmar with marine science expertise.
To conduct marine and coastal research, conservation and development.
To raise awareness of marine environment and marine science.
To enhance friendship among the alumni of marine science.
- Conduct marine and coastal research and development activities in cooperation and collaboration with local and international departments, institutions and organizations.
- Conduct marine and coastal biodiversity and environment conservation activities in cooperation and collaboration with local and international departments, institutions and organizations.
- Convening local and international conference, seminars, wrokshops and training related to marine science.
- Sending marine science scholars and trainees to local and overseas departments, institutions and organizations.
- Attending and participating local and international conference, seminars and workshops relating to marine biodiversity, environment and conservation.
- Publication of research papers, proceedings, aritcles, books and multimedia.
- Establishment of a Marine Science Centre in order to provide technicians, scientists, references and materials for marine and coastal research, conservation and sustainable development activities.
- Providing financial support to Master of Research (MRes) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) students in marine science.
- Holding ceremony(ies) to pay homage to elder and senior marine science faculty members annually.
- Occassional donations for social and health care of the member of association in need.
- Outstanding students of family the Association members will be honoured with ceremony.
- Establishment of a network to facilitate and promote friendship among the members.