Lodge History & Awards

In 1957 members of the Eagle Creek Lodge of what is now the Black Swamp Area Council came to the Toledo Area Council to form a new Lodge for the Scouts of Northwest Ohio. The Lodge was named Wa-Be-Wa-Wa which translates to" goose in flight" in the Ottawa Native American language. This name was chosen because Camp Miakondas mascot at the time, Jake the Goose, which was a friendly goose that could be seen following Ranger Don Fanning around the property as maintained camp. However in 1973 the name was changed to Tindeuchen which translates to fire builder in the Lenni Lenape (Delaware) language. The name stuck and Tindeuchen continues to serve what was renamed the Erie Shore Council.