The MSWord documents posted below will be helpful for couples and wedding planners. Feel free to call or email us with any questions that come up. We enjoy helping you plan your special celebration!
Wedding Liability Insurance
Check with your homeowner insurance provider (or your parents). You may be able to add a rider to a current policy for less than it will cost to pick up a separate liability policy. When applying for your Day of Event Policy you may be asked if you need a waiver of subrogation. A waiver of subrogation is a special type of endorsement on a property-casualty insurance policy. The Waiver of Subrogation prohibits the insurer from attempting to seek restitution from a third party who causes any kind of loss to the insured. You will want to get this waiver.
We checked on policies recently and found that coverage for 75 guests, alcohol provided, some staying past 2 am, with a waiver of subrogation and the cost was under $200 for $500,000 of coverage and $1000 deductible.
Most of the standard insurance providers can write this policy for you: Travelers, Progressive, Nationwide, State Farm, etc. There are specialty sites that will cover you all online and instantly.
Wedding Liability Insurance Providers (http://www.reviews.com/wedding-insurance/liability) November 11, 2015
Wedding liability insurance pays for any expenses you're found liable for if a guest is injured or the venue is damaged during your wedding. This is the more common type of wedding insurance and many venues today now require you to have it. Fortunately, there are quite a few companies that offer this type of coverage. The best wedding liability insurance providers give you several choices for policy limits, so you're able to purchase only as much as you need. Host liquor liability is a must if you're serving alcohol at the wedding, and this type of coverage often comes at an additional cost. Another thing to look for if you're interested in getting comprehensive protection for your wedding is special discounts for purchasing liability and cancellation coverage together. This isn't all that common in the industry, but a few of the top companies do offer this as a bonus.
Markel American offers several levels of coverage to choose. They protect you against any damage to people or property that occurs during your rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception. If your venue requires liability coverage, Markel American lets you add them onto the policy at no additional cost. Host liquor liability is also an option to consider if you plan on serving alcohol at your wedding. Perhaps the most unique thing about Markel American's wedding liability insurance policies is the optional cancellation endorsement, which gives you $5,000 to make up for any nonrefundable deposits you lost as the result of an unexpected cancellation. This is an affordable alternative to a traditional cancellation/postponement policy, and it's not something you can find with any other wedding insurer. Purchasing a separate wedding cancellation policy from Markel American has its advantages, too. In most states, this earns you a 15% discount on your premiums for both liability and cancellation coverage.
WedSafe is one of the top choices for wedding liability insurance because they offer six policy limits along with optional host liquor liability coverage. If you're planning a small wedding and you're trying to keep costs low, you may be able to get by with their $500,000 liability policy. On the other hand, if you're having a big wedding, you might feel better with a $4 million or $5 million policy. WedSafe allows you to purchase coverage at any time before your wedding. You can even wait until your wedding day to purchase coverage. Buying your policy online only takes a few minutes and you're covered right away. WedSafe will even email your proof of insurance to your venue if you'd like, which is helpful since more and more venues require this type of coverage from their guests. If you want more comprehensive protection, consider adding cancellation/postponement coverage to your policy as well. Doing so not only protects you in case an unexpected event cancels your wedding, but it also earns you a nice discount on your premiums.
CSI Special Event Insurance specializes in providing liability coverage for weddings and other events. They offer a whopping 10 levels of coverage to choose from and are a great company to turn to if you require a large amount of wedding liability insurance. As with the other companies on this list, CSI's policies cover every aspect of your wedding, from the rehearsal dinner all the way to the end of the reception. Host liquor liability ensures you're protected in case someone gets into an accident or damages property due to alcohol intoxication. This is important coverage to have if you intend to serve alcoholic beverages at your wedding. In order to get your wedding liability insurance from CSI Special Event Insurance, fill out an application on their website. You have to wait to hear back from one of their representatives in order to figure out how much a policy is going to cost you, but you can buy it right away online once you receive your quote. This delay shouldn't be a problem for most people, but it's something to keep in mind when you're searching for the right wedding liability insurer.
Be sure to let everyone know that at ThisreeD, there is very limited cell phone coverage and no internet... however, we are confident your guests will leave with a much better connection!
Check in is at 4 pm and check out is at 11 am. Please adhere to these times, as we may need to prepare for guests arriving after you or take care of things after previous guests have departed. If you want to arrive earlier or check out later, you must pre arrange that with us: 719-839-0860.
The landline phones at both The Cabin (719-748-6025) and The Lodge (719-748-1143) have unlimited long distance to anywhere in the continental US. Feel free to make as many calls to anywhere in the continental US as you care to. Be sure emergency contacts, business owner contacts, house sitters, pet sitters and baby sitters have these numbers so everyone can stay in touch as necessary.
There are lots of things to do in Colorado and TihsreeD is very central to all the state has to do. Some activities that our guests enjoy may require some advance planning. If you and your group plan to rent ATVs/snowmobiles, go horseback riding, ride up Pikes Peak, go rafting, ballooning, helicoptering, or skiing you should call the provider and line up your adventure before you leave home.
Helpful Contact Info:
- Big D Motorsports ATV Rentals, 180 State Hwy 67 Unit A, Woodland Park, CO, (719) 687-7228
- Noah’s Ark Rafting 23910 US-285, Buena Vista, CO 81211 (719) 395-2158
- MLazyC Ranch for horseback riding, 801 Co Rd 453, Lake George, CO 80827 (719) 748-3398
You and your guests will find a “Quick Start Guide” printed on yellow paper in The Lodge/The Cabin/The Hideaway Apartment. It is very important that all guests take time to read this document, as it will ensure a safer, more successful stay for everyone.
Many of our guests hire a photographer for group photos while at the lodge. There are many lovely backdrops for portraits both inside and outside. If photos are on your list of things you want to do, begin deciding on clothing colors and book your photographer now. A few local photographers you may want to consider are:
- Christy Dickinson-Davis, Colorado Springs firstname.lastname@example.org, 719- 237-3736
- Marcie Runnells, email@example.com
- High Altitude Photography, www.highaltitudeweddings.com, when you book this couple you get two photographers for the price of one! 720-515-5560
For guests who will be flying in and renting a car be sure to check car rental rates at different outlets. Sometimes it is much less expensive to rent a car from rental sites away from the airport.
For the anglers in the group there are some wonderful fishing guides in our area. We recommend:
- The Peak Fly Shop, 301 Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO 80863, (719) 687-9122
- South Platte Fly Shop, 405 E Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO, (719) 686 8990.
The local museum (behind Thunderbird Inn in Florissant) is free and full of wonderful exhibits you will be delighted to explore. You will learn about the valuable gemstones that work their way to the surface all around Teller County. Native American Tribes lived here for many hundreds of years; see their clothing, lifestyles and battle grounds. Learn about the ‘rickety stage coach’ that traveled back and forth to Cripple Creek with its cargo of beer during the gold rush days and about the Midland Railroad.
http://www.pikespeakhsmuseum.org/ (719)748-8259 18033 Teller County Road #1, Florissant.
In case anyone in your group has medical issues or will require medications, our local hospital is Pikes Peak Regional Hospital. It is on Hwy 24, about 17 miles from the Lodge. It is a small hospital, but capable of handling most medical issues that might come up. Our local chain pharmacies are Walgreens, Walmart, and pharmacies in the City Market and Safeway grocery stores in Woodland Park.
If you prefer a more natural means of treating your symptoms, you will enjoy visiting Tymekeeper, our local herbalist. Mari Marques has all the herbal remedies, teas and oils you might want. She frequently writes for the local paper and conducts classes on medicine from your kitchen and ‘salad walks’. She is located in Florissant at 1870 County Road 31. 719-696-9593
If you are planning to golf, clubs are available for rent at Shining Mountain Golf Course in Woodland Park. Ask for the special discount to get 10% off. 100 Shining Mountain Lane, Woodland Park, CO 80863, (719) 687-7587 www.shiningmountaingolf.com
One additional thing that draws visitors to Colorado is the legal marijuana. While we do not allow any smoking in the Lodge, we know legal marijuana is on the 'to do' list of some of our guests. We have a link to FAQs and helpful answers here.
We have a crockpot, toaster, mixer, coffee maker, and plenty of cookware and bakeware. We start you off with 3-5 rolls of tissue per bathroom, a roll or two of paper towels, and several trashcan liners. We try to keep some coffee filters, salt, pepper, flour and sugar on hand for your use. There are several grocery stores in Woodland Park you will pass on your way to the lodge. The best selection and prices can be found at one of these store.
- Walmart- 19600 Hwy 24, Woodland Park, CO, 80863, 719-687-1065
- Safeway-1101 Hwy 24, Woodland Park, CO, 719-686-1836
- City Market-777 Gold Hill Place South, Woodland Park, CO 80863 719-687-359
Should you plan on fishing, a one day license is $9 and can be purchased at many local convenience stores. This link to Colorado Parks and Wildlife site may be helpful:
While you are in the area, try the following restaurants… some are fun and quirky, some are just excellent places to eat:
- $$ Iron Tree Comfort Food and Bakery – Breakfast, lunch and dinner and catering. At the intersection of HWY 24 and Teller 1 & 3 in Florissant, (719) 684-4937 www.irontreerestaurant.com
- $ Russ's Place (12 miles) Want something casual and yummy? Try Russ's Place in Divide. Bar food, with an extra special touch, in a family friendly atmosphere be sure to find time to stop by and experience the local's favorite. Try the black bean burger and the homemade slaw!
- $$ (12 miles) Mc Ginty’s Wood Oven Pub in Divide- Irish themed with delicious modern twist to familiar standards. 11115 Hwy 24, Divide, CO 80814, (719) 686-7703
- $$ The Southern Lilly, a family-owned and operated restaurant, serving up Southern comfort food in an elegant, but comfortable and friendly environment. Another good choice for catering. 727 Gold Hill Place, Woodland Park, CO 80863, 719-896-1053
- $$$ (32 miles) The Steakhouse at Bronco Billy’s Casino in Cripple Creek- 233 East Bennett Ave., 719-689-2909 Great steak dinners. Reservations are strongly recommended, and are taken up to three months in advance. The Steakhouse has been lauded as one of the best steakhouses in Southern Colorado, and is truly a hidden gem.
- $$ (44 miles) The Airplane Restaurant- Aviation-themed joint with basic American grub served in an old tanker plane & adjacent dining room. Named one of America’s most unusual. 1665 Newport Rd, Colorado Springs.
- $$ (55 miles) Juniper Ranch south of Colorado Springs- 16350 CO Hwy-115 719-576-0741 for family style dinners of the best skillet-fried chicken or ham with fixings that you ever tasted, with a menu that hasn’t changed since 1951.
If you plan to go to Cripple Creek for gaming, ask for a Bronco Billy's MVP cards preloaded with $10 at the MVP desk. Saturday nights at Bronco Billy’s are extra fun. Free hors d'oeuvres, drinks and live music upstairs.
Liquor stores on the way:
- Log Cabin Liquor, 2839 Highway 24, Florissant, 719-748-8080 (Tell them you are from TihsreeD Lodge and they will give you a free bag of ice for every $100 in liquor purchases!)
- Gold Hills Wine & Liquor (near City Market), 797 Gold Hill Place South, Woodland Park, 719-687-9149
- LaGree’s Liquors, Divide, Colorado, Sarah or Janet, 11179 US-24, Divide, CO 80814, 719-687-3141, firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember you do not need to pack soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, lotion, salt, pepper, paper towels, tissue, or extra blankets. We supply all of these. Please be easy on the environment and do not buy bottled water to drink. We are blessed with fabulous spring water as good or better than any bottled water you might purchase.
A quick check of the 10 day weather forecast will help you know what to expect weather-wise. Keep in mind that we are located in a mountain/desert environment. That means the sunshine is intense and the low humidity causes nighttime temperatures to drop dramatically. Be sure to bring a sweatshirt or ask us about purchasing one of our TihsreeD Lodge hoodies. This link might be helpful for your weather planning: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Florissant+CO+80816:4:US
At certain times of the year, any outdoor source of flame could be banned. This might include smoking outdoors, gas or charcoal grills and more. A quick place to check the current burn restrictions (if there are any) is: http://www.co.teller.co.us/
Finally, we want you to stay safe, and not get caught in our local "speed trap". Keep in mind that the police patrol Hwy 24 heavily for speeders. Take your time and enjoy the lovely scenery as you drive.
Driving Directions to Tihsreed
- Highway 24 West to Florissant
- Turn Right onto County Road 31 (the "main" intersection in Florissant)
- Follow County Road 31 for about 1/2 mile
- Turn Right onto County Road 3 (also known as Wildhorn)
- Stay on County Road 3 for a little over 2 miles.
- Turn Right onto Arapahoe Creek (This is a gravel road and there will be a mail box cluster on your left.)
- Arapahoe Creek will lead into Pathfinder Rd. Take Pathfinder Road.
- TihsreeD will be about 1/2 mile down - Third driveway on the left
- Come all the way up the drive.