Do you want to spend time with some of the younger set without emptying your wallet? Are you part of a wedding or family reunion group with bored children under foot? Load up the kids and head out on a tour of the Teller County playgrounds. This tour will take you on a 30 mile out and back trek by 5 playgrounds and parks. The children will enjoy a variety of playground equipment to climb, slide, run around and burn up extra energy. End your outing with a stop at a local treat shop or with lunch. Plan ahead and pack a picnic to add to the fun and reduce the expense.
· Florissant Community Park, (358 Circle Dr., Southeast of the junction of Highway 24 and Teller County Road #1 in Florissant. Take 2nd Street east from the Florissant Post Office 1/2 mile to the park entrance): Library, 10 acres park, ballfield, playground, basketball court, picnic area
· Hayden Divide Community Park: (Junction of Highway 24 and Highway 67 S. in Divide, just south of the Divide Post Office.) 12 1/2 acre park, softball field, baseball field, multi-use playcourt, playground, picnic area, Divide Loop Trail (2.5 Miles)
· Woodland Park Crestwood Park: (Turn left onto CO-67 N, turn right onto Valley View Dr, go 0.6 mi to 2010 Valley View Dr.) Playground Equipment, Half Basketball Court, Gazebo, Picnic Tables, Fitness Trail with Fitness Equipment.
· Woodland Park Caviler Park (522 Woodland Avenue, from Florissant, take 24E to Woodland Park, turn right onto E. Sheridan Drive, go 0.2 miles, turn right onto Fairview St/Woodland Ave): picnic tables, playground equipment, basketball court, fitness trail
· Woodland Park Memorial Park: (from Florissant, take 24E to Woodland Park, turn left onto Park Street, go 0.2 miles, park will be on the left.) Gazebo, picnic shelters, public bathrooms, splash pad, pond, lawn areas, beach areas, playground area.
Ice cream stores:
· Rainbow Twist Froyo: (222 W Midland Ave. Woodland Park) build your own creation, bring cash
· Donut Mill (plus ice cream) 310 W Midland Ave, Woodland Park: plate sized donuts and ice cream too!
All the standard Kid friendly restaurants in Woodland Park: McD’s, BK, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Denny’s, Sonic, Arby’s, Subway (in Walmart), Jimmy Johns, Hungry Bear, Grandma’s, Pizza Hut, and AJ Pizza.