- The "future of the Fish Fry" Committee will meet Tuesday Night Feb 24 at 6:00pm.
- Next Club Meeting is Tuesday, March 18 2014, dinner at 6:30 pm, Education/Info session at 7:00pm, and
meeting at 7:30. (Wayne Smith and John W. will cook dinner).
- When you come to the club house, note Gary's new bulletin board where events and "sign-up" sheets are posted for various events!.................Click here to see the club improvement project that you can sign-up for. (Click on each to enlarge) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
- ATTN: Ed S. will be covering "The M1 Garand" in March. You don't want to miss Ed's expertise on this topics!!
- Larry L. did a fantastic job covering AR-15's (Armalite Rifle models 10, 15 and 16. Bet ya didn't know AR stood for Armalite Rifle, NOT Assault Rifle... and how many folks have heard of the new 6.8 cal for AR-15's!!! Also covered was the "gas systems" & gas-Piston" and other AR systems. Larry brought some cool AR-15 examples, and also inspired many folks to build your own customized-personalized AR. Our club is very fortunate to have so many folks with a vast array of knowledge and expertise in so many areas.
- Our own Matt Liebengood, Seneca County ODNR wildlife officer, was named ODNR Wildlife officer of the year!!!!!! Way to go Matt.... we are all very proud, and thankful for all you do! Remember folks that "our" ODNR is why we enjoy the healthy and stable wildlife population here in Ohio.
- John W. announced that there will be a Hunter Safety course offered on March 15th in Republic... sign-up at the ODNR page (This Link will take you directly to the Republic class sign-up page)
- Spread the word... Our "First Shot" program is April 19 and designed for folks who have never used a firearm. The experts will safely guide first time shooters into a position of confident handling of firearms. (There is NO charge for this program!)
Our new member Tracy ask folks to attend the dinner (March 1 Fremont American Legion) or donate to the "Rich Jeanette" kidney fund. Click here for the informational flyer. Donations can be made to http://www.gofundme.com/6mkts8
- The Club and the Fair board are partnering for 2 more gun shows on April 12 & 13, Sept. 20 & 21 Volunteers are going to be needed!
- NRA Prime Rib Dinner & Gun drawings in Findlay (Saturday March 1st). This is a great time and the club gets a substantial "cut" from the profits. (See Larry Kipps for tickets & details)
- NRA Calenders ($50.) you are entered into a 2 gun a month drawing with the purchase of a calender! (See Larry Kipps)
Hunter Safety classes will be held March 15th. Register at the ODNR website > http://ohiodnr.com/tabid/18566/Default.aspx
- Matt L. reported for our ODNR, that there were 16,000 deer taken in Muzzle loader session. OUR Ohio ODNR keeps a healthy stock of wild game in our state.
- "Work Night" on the 1st and 4th Tuesday of the month.... Gary E. coordinates.
- President John reported on the board members meeting:
- The NRA did grant the club funds again this year.... Thanks to John, Larry, Dave and all who helped with this effort.
- Hunter Safety Classes... Sign up at WWW.WILDOHIO.COM...
- Some members have spoke and recommended a
discussion about the apparent delay in the removal of the Ballville dam
just South of Fremont. The dam has obstructed the natural flow of the
fish in the Sandusky River, and certainly limits their flow past our
clubs property on the river. Possibly a discussion about putting
pressure to keep this plan "On Schedule" might be considered?
- Link to Article Published about the Club in the BGSU newspaper!
- Important SAFETY UPDATES!...
is important that when using the lower range; that you post your targets on the
stands in front of the back stops!!!
you set targets up close to the shooting benches your bullets will ricochet off
the flat ground; going who knows where! “SAFETY IS A MUST”
- Please!!! NO shooting of bottleneck rounds (including .223 rounds) on the UPPER Range!!
- Please remember to PICK UP ALL of your Rounds and casings.. NO rifle-bottle neck round on the pistol range! Leave the area cleaner that the way you found it!
- Please: NO "midnight shooting" The ranges are open from sunup to sunset. No shooting using car headlights etc. (Late night Fishing is OK for members).
- All RANGE are for MEMBERS and immediate family members ONLY. The lower Range is open as long as there is NO activity on the farm field.
Please use caution; Remember, NO glass, Cinder blocks, shooting at
picnic tables, or Trash... pick up ALL trash (not just yours) before you
leave. It is everyone's duty to keep it clean.
- Range SAFETY: Common sense and Safety! No Glass, concrete block, cylinder blocks, etc. If you see trash on the range, clean it up.
(MEMBERS and immediate family members ONLY!)
- Gun Safety must be practiced on the range:
- A gun is always treated as if it were loaded.
- The gun is always pointed down range.
- Finger off the trigger until clearance to shoot.
- Keep the action OPEN when pausing or going down range to set up targets.
- No Horseplay!
- CHL / CCW Classes offered by Dean Henry, John Weslow, and Craig Robbins, on a regular basis.
- John Weslow see http://www.safetypromises.com/
for CCW class details.
- Dean Henry - email@example.com/(419)448-4575 (See Deans legal updates page.... and the Ohio laws compared to other states) CCW cleanup
legislation is moving thru OH legislature at lightning speed; it is a good
thing; Don't need to have a CCW license to have a concealed hand gun in one's
home. With the increasing break-ins, gun sales are brisk.
"Shooting classes" are disparately needed for the general
- Craig Robbins (firstname.lastname@example.org)