- Next Club Meeting is March 17th, Dinner at 6:30. Thanks Dave W, Wayne S. and Larry K. for a great dinner! Additionally, Dave and Wayne did a
very informative presentation on reloading.
Next month's presentation will
be on Firearms Safety by Don Cole. Larry and Robin Kipps will be fixing the meal (corn beef
& cabbage) for the March meeting. If you have ever tasted Robins cooking,
you will NOT want to miss the March meeting & dinner!!
- Dean Henry will be
putting on another "Fun Handgun Shoot" on April 19th. It's
"Free" and all ammo and handguns will be provided!
- DANGER: This Winter, PLEASE DO NOT walk out onto the pond when frozen. Keith is using areaters to help our fish survive the long cold winter. This will also keep the ICE Thin!
- John Weslow will be having a Hunters Safety Course at the Republic Town Hall on March 28th from 8:00 - 5:00. Sign up at the ODNR Training website, or contact John.
- The Planning is underway for our "Annual Tiffin-Seneca County IWLA Gun Raffle"... Details and Updates will be coming in the upcoming months...
note Gary's new "survey" link at the bottom of the Navigation column.
The questions are related to our Gun Raffle event, but you can fill out
the survey and bring it to the next meeting to help with input)
- Austin our ODNR game protection officer would like any ideas & events for the Fair this year Fair. Please contact Austin.
- A proposal was made to Soil & Water about removing 3 sets of beautiful tree-lines at the Miller Farm property.
Wayne and the IKES attending the Miller Farm planning meeting, strongly suggest we OPPOSE this short-sighted and nature damaging idea.... leave the trees alone and preserve the wildlife!
- John Weslow will be having a Hunters Safety Course at the Republic Town Hall on March 28th from 8:00 - 5:00.
Sign up at the ODNR Training website, or contact John.
- 2015 Fishing Derby is June 6th at 9:00 am.
- 2015 National Hunting & Fishing Day is Sept. 19th
- Thank You Austin and Steve for the ODNR and Ohio Watercraft Updates and Information...
(Click Here for new updates from Austin and Steve)
- The Club is establishing a "Fair Committee" to help coordinate the booth setup, design and activities... please join the committee if you can help! Contact Rick Ricci
- Dave Wagner has once again put in the extra time
& effort to apply for NRA Grants for the Club. Dave proposed
funding for the rebuilding of the old shooting platform, and the
drainage tiling for the lower range to the NRA.... Dave has been
successfully writing, applying and obtaining these grants for a number
of years.... Thanks for all you do for this Club Dave!!
- Wow, look what new members Don Cole and Mark Gruengerg built and donated to the Club! It is designed for student / teacher marksmanship training.. Thanks Guys... you can tell that a ton of time and effort went into the design and building of this nice unit! (Click Here to see their Shooting Table)
- Our volunteers teaching the "Archery in the Schools" program, have been very active in speaking with area schools...Old Fort Schools is eager to start their program! Thanks Guys for the great effort in promoting this program!!
- Gary E. suggested, and the board approved, that the work nights/days be "as needed" for the projects. Gary, Dave, Ed, Larry and others will coordinate when work activities are upcoming.
- Thanks to Mark Heminger for all his expertise and work on the new power runs!!!
- Important SAFETY Measures!...
is important that when using the lower range; that you post your targets on the
stands in front of the back stops!!!
you set targets up close to the shooting benches your bullets will ricochet off
the flat ground; going who knows where! “SAFETY IS A MUST”
- Please!!! NO shooting of bottleneck rounds (including .223 rounds) on the UPPER Range!!
- Please remember to PICK UP ALL of your Rounds and casings.. NO rifle-bottle neck round on the pistol range! Leave the area cleaner that the way you found it!
- Please: NO "midnight shooting" The ranges are open from sunup to sunset. No shooting using car headlights etc. (Late night Fishing is OK for members).
- All RANGE are for MEMBERS and immediate family members ONLY. The lower Range is open as long as there is NO activity on the farm field.
Please use caution; Remember, NO glass, Cinder blocks, shooting at
picnic tables, or Trash... pick up ALL trash (not just yours) before you
leave. It is everyone's duty to keep it clean.
- Range SAFETY: Common sense and Safety! No Glass, concrete block, cylinder blocks, etc. If you see trash on the range, clean it up.
(MEMBERS and immediate family members ONLY!)
- Gun Safety must be practiced on the range:
- A gun is always treated as if it were loaded.
- The gun is always pointed down range.
- Finger off the trigger until clearance to shoot.
- Keep the action OPEN when pausing or going down range to set up targets.
- No Horseplay!
- CHL / CCW Classes offered by Dean Henry, John Weslow, and Craig Robbins, on a regular basis.
- John Weslow see http://www.safetypromises.com/
for CCW class details.
- Dean Henry - firstname.lastname@example.org/(419)448-4575 (See Deans legal updates page.... and the Ohio laws compared to other states) CCW cleanup
legislation is moving thru OH legislature at lightning speed; it is a good
thing; Don't need to have a CCW license to have a concealed hand gun in one's
home. With the increasing break-ins, gun sales are brisk.
"Shooting classes" are disparately needed for the general
- Craig Robbins (email@example.com)