*** Next Club Meeting is Tuesday June 16th, Education session at 7:00 pm
Thank You, Denny, Dick and Steve for grilling excellent Pork Chops!
Thank You Paul for the excellent talk on "Bee Keeping"
| |Very Important upcoming Dates & Events:
- June 1 Registration day for the Youth Rifle. (Contact Keith Reinbolt)
- June 6th City Fishing Derby (9:00 am)
- June 25 Registration for the Bird House Contest (6:00 - 7:30 pm at the Club House... Contact Dave Wagner)
There are some great youth events upcoming for the spring and summer... BUT we must have MORE volunteers. Click here for some additional event dates & times
In an effort to provide & promote conservation, and for our new members, we have arranged a tour with our partner "The Miller Farm". Coordinator Tia Rice will give us a first-hand look at the details of their many activities and events. This event will be first Tuesday of Aug. (Aug 4th) at 6:30 pm. Family Members also welcomed to this event. (Contact Gary Espejo for details)
The Tiffin Seneca County IWLA is bring back the tradition of the "Bird House Contest" ...
Inspired by Larry Lavoy who participated in the contest as a young man, the judging will take place as it did years ago in our clubhouse the day of the National Hunt & Fish Day. Dave Wagner has put together the details and will coordinate the event.
Click Here for event Details
Wayne Smith would like to get a Fence Repair Team together to save the club some money and fix the fence ourselves. Wayne has the knowledge of how to do-it-right... But we need to get some volunteers lined up! >>>>>>>>
| There NOW available!!|
The 15th Annual Tiffin Seneca County
Izaak Walton Gun Raffle
For Tickets Contact:
Gary 447-8781 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dave 447-6068 (email@example.com)
This year we are doing an "Early Bird Special"
Any tickets sold from Now to Aug 18th will be put into a drawing for 5 additional tickets
($100 worth of tickets)
The Early Bird drawing will be held at the Tuesday Aug 18 General Membership Meeting.
Look for future "spotlighting" of the many prizes to be won at the 15th Annual Gun Raffle...
- Important: The Club is establishing a "Fair Committee" for our booth at the 2015 Seneca County fair. To help coordinate the booth setup, design and activities... please join the committee if you can help! Contact Rick Ricci or Steve Wright to join to Committee. (Click on their name to send them an email).
- The "Annual Tiffin-Seneca County IWLA Gun Raffle"... Larry L and Gary E. gave a nice update at Tuesdays nights meeting on the progress being made for out "Big Gun Raffle" They have selected a nice array of guns for this years raffle... including a grand prize Henry 45-70 Package (Mounted Vortex Scope, Henry Soft Case). Stay Tuned for more updates (Please note Gary's new "survey" link at the bottom of the Navigation column. The questions are related to our Gun Raffle event, but you can fill out the survey and bring it to the next meeting to help with input)
- Dave's Grant proposal to the NRA for the upper shooting platform rebuilding-repair has passed the first round of approvals. Dave will keep us posted! (If you have ever stepped-out onto this overhanging platform, you have noted that is provides one of the most beautiful Sandusky River views in Seneca County!).
Future Dates Information:
- To help out with club work projects contact Gary E., Dave W., Ed S., Larry L. These hard workers coordinate the work activities when work activities are upcoming.
- Check-out the NEW Rules proposed by the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) for the National Service Pistol Matches (Click Here)
- Please!!! NO shooting of bottleneck rounds (including .223 rounds) on the UPPER Range!!
- Please remember to PICK UP ALL of your Rounds and casings.. NO rifle-bottle neck round on the pistol range! Leave the area cleaner that the way you found it!
Range SAFETY: Common sense and Safety! No Glass, concrete block, cylinder blocks, etc. If you see trash on the range, clean it up.
(MEMBERS and immediate family members ONLY!)
- Gun Safety must be practiced on the range:
- A gun is always treated as if it were loaded.
- The gun is always pointed down range.
- Finger off the trigger until clearance to shoot.
- Keep the action OPEN when pausing or going down range to set up targets.
- No Horseplay!
- CHL / CCW Classes offered by Dean Henry, John Weslow, and Craig Robbins, on a regular basis.
- John Weslow see http://www.safetypromises.com/
for CCW class details.
- Dean Henry - firstname.lastname@example.org/(419)448-4575 (See Deans legal updates page.... and the Ohio laws compared to other states) CCW cleanup
legislation is moving thru OH legislature at lightning speed; it is a good
thing; Don't need to have a CCW license to have a concealed hand gun in one's
home. With the increasing break-ins, gun sales are brisk.
"Shooting classes" are disparately needed for the general
- Craig Robbins (email@example.com)