1. Click on the picture in the timeline you wish to work with.
2. Click on the Customize motion button directly below the picture.
3. The program defaults to the motion and duration tab. This allows you to determine pans and zooms.
4. Click the Specify start and end position of the motion. The images in the Start position and the End position will have handles appear. Use the handles to positions the images for the desired effect. In the example above, when this picture appears in the movie, it begins as a large image and zooms inward upon completion of the image in the movie.
Set start position to be the same as the end position of the previous picture. This allows for smooth transitions between the images.
Set end position to be the same as the start position. Use this effect to have no change throughout the time the image is displayed in the digital story.
Number of seconds to display the picture: overrides the automatic feature above, allows for more specific user control of image display.
5. Preview the effect.
6. Save the effect. NOTE: this is a save function just for this image effect it does not save the project.
7. Use the arrows to migrate to the next picture.
8. SAVE EARLY; SAVE OFTEN. Save your file again.
NOTE 1: Cross dissolve is the default function.
1. Click the Transition tab across the top.
2. The program displays the previous picture and the current picture with the effect between it.
3. Use the scroll on the right side of the window to select the transition and preview. Use the arrows below the time display to move from picture to picture.
4. Click Save (Again, saves the transition effect to the slide and not the file itself), if you are done click close.
5. Repeat as necessary.
6. SAVE EARLY; SAVE OFTEN. Save your file again.