Beef and Spinach Enchiladas
Total time: 45 minutes
- 10oz (300gr) ground beef
- 7oz (200gr) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cups (15oz, 450gr) tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup (4oz, 120gr) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (2oz, 60gr) shredded cheese
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat 2 tsp oil in large skillet. Add chili powder, cumin, paprika, and sauté 1 minute.
- Add onion, pepper, garlic, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- In another skillet heat remaining 2 tsp oil. Add beef and sauté, breaking it up as it browns.
- Add cream cheese, spinach and 1 cup of the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Put 1/3 cup of sauce into a baking dish large enough to hold 6 enchiladas.
- Divide the beef/spinach mixture into 6ths, spoon onto tortillas and roll up. Place seams side down on the sauce in the baking dish.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the finished enchiladas and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400F (200C) for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, bake 5 minutes longer.
- Remove and serve.