· 2 eight ounce packages of Cream Cheese
· 2 teaspoons onion or garlic juice
· 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon dried mustard
· ½ tsp Lowry’s seasoned salt
· ¼ tsp salt
· 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
· Parsley flakes, chopped dried beef, or chopped nuts
Put everything but the last two ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mush it all up with your hands until it is all mixed together. It’s kind of messy but it gets the job done. Now dump in the shredded cheese. Mix that with your hands too.
Shape into balls and roll in parsley flakes, chopped dried beef (that's the beef in the jars in the canned meat section of your grocery), or nuts. I almost always do the dried beef, but my mother does the parsley. It looks more festive all green. Nuts are gross so I don’t use them.
One batch will make one very large cheese ball, 2 medium balls, or three tiny ones. Serve with crackers (Ritz are best). Veggies are good too. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use or give as a gift.