Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
· 1/2 cup (1 stick) + 6 tablespoons butter, softened
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon…just one if you like a little less cinnamon, but you really should just trust me on this
· 3 cups rolled oats
· An ENTIRE bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets and set aside.
Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar together on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, then add to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
Scoop dough into rounded tablespoons and place on baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Lightly press down to flatten each dough ball. Bake for 9-11 minutes until done…slightly brown on the edges. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.