· 3 ½ cups all-purpose flower
· 1 Tbsp. baking powder
· 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
· ¾ tsp. salt
· 1/3 cup milk
· ½ cup butter, melted
· 4 eggs, beaten
· 2/3 cups sugar
· Oil for deep-fat frying (I used a mix of peanut and vegetable)
· Cinnamon, Sugar, Powdered Sugar, or Frosting for topping
1. In a bowl combine, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, & nutmeg. In another bowl combine milk and melted butter. In another large bowl combine eggs and sugar and beat with electric mixer until thick (about 5 minutes). Add the milk mixture and then stir. Add flour mixture and stir until smooth. Cover dough and chill for 2 hours. Dough will remain slightly sticky.
2. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Roll to ½ inch thickness. Cut dough with donut cutter.
3. Heat oil to 325 to 375 F. I put oil in a stockpot about 2 inches deep. Heat donuts 2 or 3 at a time. Turn each donut about halfway through with a slotted spoon. Remove from oil when brown, and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining donuts and holes.
4. You can shake the donuts in powdered sugar, cinnamon and sugar, or frost them.