Simply Free License (SFL) is a new experimental software license that is created to provide a simple and yet powerful software license that gives anyone the freedom to use, copy, merge, modify, edit,distribute, redistribute software and contents licensed under this license without any restrictions as presented in the second point of the license text.
It also provides the flexibility of licensing in a way that other license may not provide as shown in the 3rd and 4th point of the license text.
The third point is simple. This license allows commercial and non-commercial usage.
The fourth point is the main focus on the issue of flexibility I brought up. An example would be, you have a software that contains a module or package licensed under the Simply Free License which is made by 'some other developers'. You just need to keep that module created by that 'some other developers' kept as SFL and the rest of the modules made by you, you can license them in other licenses. As you distribute your software, that 'some other developers' module would always be kept as SFL while other modules could have their license changed because you are not the original creator of that particular SFL'ed module.
As you can see from the license text, SFL has only 7 points and it's that simple, straight forward and easy.
Please feel free to comment and evaluate the license and bring up your suggestions.
Below is the text of the Simply Free License in version 1.0.
Simply Free License v1.0, 2010.
Original Creator of Content: Thotheolh.
Original Content created in: 2010.
1. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED AS IS AND THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND.
2. ANYONE CAN USE, COPY, MERGE, MODIFY, EDIT, DISTRIBUTE, REDISTRIBUTE THE CONTENTS LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTIONS.
3. CONTENTS LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE CAN BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL OR NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
4. CONTENTS LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE WOULD ALWAYS BE LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE UNLESS THE CONTENTS OWNER (THE OWNER OF THE LICENSED
CONTENTS) DECIDES NOT TO USE THIS LICENSE.
5. NO ONE (CREATOR(S), CONTRIBUTOR(S), DEVELOPER(S), EDITOR(S)) OR ANYONE WHO HAVE DISTRIBUTED, REDISTRIBUTED, EDITED, COPIED, MERGED, MODIFIED
OR USE CONTENTS (PART OF THE CONTENT OR THE WHOLE CONTENT) LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE SHOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED DIRECTLY
OR INDIRECTLY BY THE USAGE OF CONTENTS (PART OF THE CONTENT OR THE WHOLE CONTENT) LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE.
6. THIS LICENSE MUST BE INCLUDED WHENEVER THE CONTENTS (ANY AMOUNT OF PORTIONS OF THE CONTENT) LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE.
7. CONTENTS LICENSED UNDER THIS LICENSE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING NOTICE: Simply Free License v1.0, <Year>, <Name of Creator(s)>.