1. Unless otherwise stated, all Sunday walks assemble at Rock Street Car Park, Thornbury. Lifts are then arranged. Payment for lifts (at members’ discretion) is recommended in accordance with the following system:- 20p per mile divided by the number of passengers (including driver).
2. Members are advised to wear stout footwear and to bring weatherproof clothing as well as adequate food and drink. Each person is responsible for carrying his/her own first aid items and any medication needed.
3. Please observe the Country Code – eg:-
Close gates that were found closed.
Do not climb gates where a stile is provided.
Walk in single file through crops.
4. Dogs are not encouraged on walks as they can cause problems. If brought (which is at the discretion of the walk leader) they must be kept under close control.
5. Walk behind the leader and in front of the back-marker. If leaving the party for any reason, please ensure that somebody knows.
6. The telephone number of the leader of each walk in the programme is provided to enable members to obtain any required information about the walk in advance.
7. Classification of walks:-
Short walk: 4 to 6 miles at average pace.
Leisurely: 4 to 6 miles at slower than average pace, and frequent stops.
Medium walk: 6 to 9 miles.
Long walk: 9 to 12 miles.
Any walk over 12 miles should be specified.
8. Programmes available from the Secretary – SAE please, to have it posted.
9. Subscriptions are due on 1st January, cheques to Thornbury Rambling Club.
10. Do offer to lead a walk – variety is the spice of life! Contact Walks Organiser.
11. Walkers are encouraged to carry and use secateurs to keep paths clear.
12. Please report all footpath problems to the Footpath Officer, preferably with a map reference point. The Highway Authority has the statutory duty to keep footpaths open and any problems can be reported to them via the Local Government websites or via the Ramblers Association using this link http://www.ramblers.org.uk/go-walking/report-a-path-or-access-problem.aspx