"What we practice, we strengthen, and when we practice together, we strengthen each other."
Kathryn Boger, Founder and Director
Now in our 16th year serving Northern Rhode Island!
Offering Kripalu, Yin, and Restorative Yoga, a mindfulness-based, transformational Yoga,
emphasizing individual growth & the healing of body, mind & soul.
Come join us for Yoga in the uniquely peaceful setting of the Zen Monastery (Directions)
Location: 99 Pound Rd. (off Mendon Rd/Rt. 122, just north of Cumberland High School), Cumberland, RI
Phone: (401) 658-4802
- Upcoming workshop: EXPLORING THE DEEP PRACTICES. Saturday, November 14, 2:00 - 4:30 pm. You do not have to be a "depth practitioner" to experience the benefits of deep practice. For a full description please go to Workshops/Special Series.
- Special Series: Restorative Yoga for Cancer Patients/Survivors & Caretakers. Mondays, 6:00 - 7:20 pm. Begins Monday, October 19th. 4 weeks/$60. Pre-registration required. See Workshops/Special Series for more information.
- New class: Monday Afternoon Yoga, 4:30 - 5:45 pm, starting September 14.
- New student special: 6 classes/$60, no expiration date!
- We are keeping our Flex Pass rates low. A Flex Pass class is $12 (since 2008 - no rate increase for 7 years!). Save even more with our new Super Flex Pass (1 year pass for $11/class) or use our Continuing Student Discount to save money & keep practicing! (Click on "Flex Pass Rates & Other Fees" for more information.)
- RESTORATIVE YOGA for October. This popular class calms the central nervous system & promotes healing. The postures are easy to do and deeply relaxing. All are welcome! The program will run again for four weeks on Thursday evenings (6:30 - 7:45 pm) in October, beginning Oct. 8th. Fee: $60/4 weeks, $15/class (or Flex Pass +$3). Drop-ins okay, but please call ahead to reserve your space/class size will be limited to ensure individual attention: 401-658-4802. (Call early as this class tends to fill up quickly!)
- Why Restorative Yoga? Are you energy depleted? This class is designed for anyone with low energy, due to stress, overload, or illness. Restorative Yoga is also great as a compliment to more rigorous Yoga/athletic training/workouts. Restorative Yoga calms the nervous system, strengthens the immune system (promoting healing), and helps you learn how to go into deep relaxation. Open to everyone; no prior Yoga experience needed.
- Join our Yoga classes anytime with Flex Pass (fees can be prorated if needed).
- New to Yoga? All of our classes are open to beginners. New beginners are also encouraged to take 1-6 private lessons. Pay for 3 lessons and receive a discount. Please call ahead to discuss which class may be best for you (401-658-4802).
- PRIVATE Lessons ("Yoga therapy"): Boost your practice and enhance your experience in your weekly Yoga class by taking a few private lessons (also recommended for anyone brand new to Yoga and those working with injuries/illness who need to learn posture modifications to get the most out of their regular class). See Flex Pass Rates & Other Fees page for more information.
There is no pre-registration for our classes. Drop-ins are welcome ($15). Please call (401) 658-4802 at least one hour ahead if you are planning to drop-in to Thursday evening Restorative Yoga.
For more information, see:
For inspirations, read about "The Year of Doing Nothing" at www.theyogastudio.blogspot.com
The Yoga Studio of Blacktone River Valley serves the northern Rhode Island area, including: Cumberland, Woonsocket, Lincoln, Smithfield, and North Attleboro.