For the Pancakes:
1 cup ripe sourdough starter
1/2 egg (+other half and extras for scrambled eggs on the side)
1 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda combined with 1/2 tablespoon water
1. Measure starter into a bowl.
2. Combine baking soda and water and let sit while you mix together all other ingredients in a separate bowl. Reserve the other half of the egg separately for some scrambled (or your favorite style) eggs.
3. Fold the sugar, salt, oil, and 1/2 egg mixture into the starter. Then, stir in the baking soda water.
4. The mixture should bubble/foam.
5. Fry and serve!
For the Strawberry Syrup:
Pinch of sugar (optional)
1. Cut up as many strawberries as you can eat and pop them into a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add a pinch of sugar if you feel so inclined.
3. Stir occasionally about 5 minutes. You'll know when it's done. HINT: do not use strawberries in photo above to determine done-ness. Use your other senses.