"For God so loved the world, that he
gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
· Eternal life is having life in heaven forever, for whoever believes in Christ.
· God’s begotten Son is Jesus Christ. Whoever believes in Christ will have life in heaven forever.
Jesus Christ, Repentance, and the Holy Spirit are our path to eternity in Heaven
We become saved when we repent of our sin, accept Jesus as our Savior, and the Holy Spirit dwells in our heart. The Bible states that at this point a person is saved.
No amount of good works or keeping the Old Testament Law, can convert a person. It is only available by grace through faith in Jesus alone.
To repent is to turn away from sin, have sincere sorrow and remorse for your sins when you confess your sins to God and ask God to forgive you your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9) “That if thou shall confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shall be saved”. (Romans 10:9)
· If you believe that Christ was raised from the dead, you will be saved. A saved person is someone that receives the promise of eternal life.
“But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, ( by grace ye are saved;) …That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works”. (Ephesians 2:4-8)
· We are saved by Grace through faith, having faith in Jesus Christ.
“…… he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.” ( 1 John 2:17)
· The one who does the will of God lives forever in heaven. Obeying God is doing the will of God.
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand”. (Mathew 3:2)
· Repent, for heaven is near. And believe the Gospel- God’s word.
“Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.” Mathew 3:3
“He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son”. 2 John
“If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”. 2 Corinthians 5:17
“Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Mathew 4:4)
Note: Our life on earth determines where we spend eternity.
The evidence that you are saved is this:
“Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Mathew 7:21)
The one who does the will of God lives forever in heaven. Obeying God is doing the will of God. Is the will of the Father before you? Is it your desire to obey God’s will? Can it be seen worked out in your life? If you don’t desire God’s will then fear for your soul. “Depart from me you worker of iniquity, I know you not.” Mathew 7:23 KJB “Depart from me you who practice lawlessness.” Mathew 7:23 NASB
The definition of iniquity is immoral behavior. Examples of immoral behavior: adultery, fornication, drunkenness, etc. Those that do iniquity shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Learn the message of salvation by reading the word of God. Pray to God.
I recommend that you read the New Testament first then read the Old Testament. Read The New American Standard Bible or the King James Bible.
Seek God, cry out to Him for strength, and he shall give you strength. “The Lord is my strength and my shield, my heart trusted in him, and I am helped” Psalm 28:7
Ten Commandments in the Old and New Testament
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me (Exodus 20:2) Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. (Matthew 4:10)
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image (Exodus 20:4) Keep yourselves from idols (1 John 5:21)
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord your God in vain (Exodus 20:7) That the name of God and his doctrine may not be blasphemed(1 Timothy 6:1)
4. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy Exodus 20:8 The son of man is also Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:27)
5. Honour thy father and thy mother Exodus 20:12 (Matthew 19:19)
6. Thou shalt not murder Exodus 20:13 Exodus 20:14 (Mathew 19:18)
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery Exodus 20:14 (Mathew 19:18)
8. Thou shall not steal Exodus 20:15 (Matt19:18)
9. Thou shall not bear false witness (do not say lies) Exodus 20:16 (Mathew 19:18)
10. Thou shall not covet anything that is thy neighbour’s (do not desire anything that belongs to your neighbor) Exodus 20:17 Romans 13:9
“ Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envying, murders, drunkenness, revellings and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God”.
Definitions: Adultery: a married person having intimate relations with other people; and or marrying a divorcee. Fornication: a person having intimate relations outside of marriage. Idolatry: worshipping other people or other gods. Covet: to want/desire (something that you don’t have) very much. Heresy: a belief that is not in the bible. Revel: take part in a wild celebration. Strife: bitter conflict, disagreement or fight.
Are you right with God?
Test yourself through scripture.
Are you doing God’s will? Are you obeying His commandments?
Are you bearing good fruit?
A preacher by the name of Paul Washer from www.heartcrymissionary.com said,
"We are saved by Christ, by what he has done for us. The Gospel is the means by which we learn of that salvation and the way we receive it. God uses the Gospel to bring salvation to everyone who accepts the message, to everyone who trusts in Christ. Accepting the Gospel is accepting Christ. The Gospel is the message of eternal life. Do you want to go to heaven? The question is ...do you desire Christ? False, 'A man opens up his heart and let’s Christ come in'." True, "God opens your heart so you might receive Christ. "
Listen to this sermon here http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=8907183819
I recommend that you listen to Paul Washer's sermons on this website http://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?speakeronly=true&currsection=sermonsspeaker&keyword=Paul_Washer
Signs of a True Christian- Are You One? By Paul Washer www.sermonaudio.com
“We are saved by the power of God because salvation is the power of God. It is brought about by the power of God and we are saved not by repeating a prayer, but by repenting of our sins and believing the gospel. And the sign, the true sign that we have done that are the things written in Scripture that identify true Christianity.”
If you have questions contact me at my email firstname.lastname@example.org