Recipe found at
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter substitute
- 1/2 of a large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or line a muffin tin.
- Melt the vegan butter substitute in a medium skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook until the onion is tender, approximately 3 minutes.
- While the onion cooks, whisk together the cornmeal, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sea salt and dill in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the grape seed oil, soy milk, sour cream and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, along with the cooked onion and 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the tops of each muffin with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.