Tomato Cucumber Couscous Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup dry couscous
- 1 cup water
- 1 large strip of lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 scallion, chopped
- In a medium bowl, toss together the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of sea salt. You can peel the cucumber if you prefer, but I left the peel on mine. Set aside.
- Separate the mint and parsley leaves from the stems.
- Peel one large strip of lemon zest from the lemon that you used for juice.
- Pour the dry couscous in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small pot, bring the water, mint and parsley stems, lemon zest, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and the cayenne to a boil.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, remove from the heat and pour over the couscous.
- Cover the couscous and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the couscous and remove the stems and lemon zest.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir in the mint and parsley leaves and the chopped scallion.
- Stir in the tomato mixture and serve immediately.