Potato Carrot Mash
Recipe found at http://thetolerantvegan.com/2011/09/potato-carrot-mash/
Makes 6-8 servings
- 3 lbs of Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup soy creamer
- 3 tablespoons of Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread
Sprinkle of sea salt
- Sprinkle of fresh ground pepper
- Start off
by peeling and slicing the potatoes and carrots. Don't go crazy over
the size, just keep the pieces around 1-2" inches.
- Fill two medium saucepans with water and a dash of salt, and bring them
to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes in one pot and the carrots in the other for
25 minutes, until both are tender.
Drain the carrots and potatoes and return them to their original pots.
Use a hand mixer to mash up the carrots
- Add the creamer and Earth Balance to the potatoes and mix those up really well, too.
Spoon the carrots into the potato pot, sprinkle on some salt and pepper and mix together