Recipe found at http://thetolerantvegan.com/2012/12/pear-cakes/
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
(plus more for the pans)
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon sea salt
tablespoons vegan butter substitute, softened (plus more for the pans)
- 1 1/2
teaspoons vanilla extract
cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan sour cream
9 pear slices, approximately 1/4" thick
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the ground flax and water. Set aside.
- Spread a thin layer of vegan butter over the tart pans, then lightly flour each pan.
- Whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vegan butter substitute and sugar on low speed.
- Add in the nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sour cream and continue to mix.
- Mix in the flax/water.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until fully combined.
- Stir in the grated pear.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into each tart pan.
- Lightly press one pear slice into each batter-filled pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops turn golden brown.