Peach Cobbler Drop Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread or another vegan butter substitute, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan refined sugar
- 2 15 oz cans sliced peaches or 3 very ripe fresh peaches (I used a combination of both)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make a flax egg by stirring together the ground flax and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the softened vegan butter, brown sugar and refined sugar.
- If you are using canned peaches, now is the time to drain them. If you are using fresh peaches, remove the skin and slice up the peaches. Regardless of the kind of peaches you're using, slice them into pieces that are roughly 1/2" long.
- Stir the peaches, vanilla extract and flax egg in with the sugars.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sea salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Gently fold in the pecans.
- Drop the batter by the spoonful onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes, until the tops begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and either cool the cookies to room temperature or dig into them right away.