Maple Peanut Butter French Toast
Makes 3-4 servings.
- 6 slices of vegan cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 large or 3 small bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
- 5 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons of maple syrup
- To make the batter, place the bananas, brown sugar, vanilla and milk into a food processor and blend.
- Melt some Earth Balance, non-stick spray or whatever you love to use in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of a slice of bread into the batter and place in your skillet. I cooked two slices at a time for 3-4 minutes on each side. If your french toast is browning too quickly, reduce the heat.
- While your last slices are on the stove, stir together 5 tablespoons of peanut butter with 4 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Stack your french toast on a plate, smearing the maple peanut butter between each of the slices.
- Take the last tablespoon of syrup and pour it over the top.