Recipe found at http://thetolerantvegan.com/2012/09/maple-cinnamon-applesauce/
Makes 3-4 cups of applesauce
- 6 McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced into 1" pieces
- 2 Honey Crisp apples, peeled and sliced into 1" pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place the sliced apples and the water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, reduce to a slow simmer and cover the saucepan.
- Allow the apples to simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so. You'll know they're done when all of the apples have turned into a soft clumps.
- Remove the apples from the heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. If you are freezing the applesauce, Eating Well recommends using it within 6 months.