Recipe found at http://thetolerantvegan.com/2012/08/kettle-cookies/
Makes 24 cookies
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread, softened
- 1 1/4 cups vegan dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped kettle corn
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the ground flax and water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Earth Balance and dark brown sugar together on low-medium speed.
- Stir in the flax/water mixture, vanilla extract and soy milk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until fully combined.
- Stir the chopped kettle corn pieces into the dough.
- Cover the bowl and place the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 30 minutes, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roll the dough into equal size balls, using roughly 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.
- Place the dough balls on the baking sheet and press them down gently.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.