Jalapeño Cornbread Biscuits
Makes 12 biscuits
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread or another vegan butter substitute, melted
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese (I used Daiya Pepperjack Style Shreds)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, stir together the nondairy milk and distilled white vinegar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and sea salt.
- Add the melted Earth Balance to the bowl of milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until fully combined.
- Fold in the jalapeño peppers
- Fold in the pepperjack cheese.
- Drop spoonfuls of the biscuits onto a baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops begin to brown.