Hazelnut Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
4 oz Earth Balance, room temperature
1 cup vegan refined sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup non-dairy milk (I used vanilla soy milk)
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup hazelnut/chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup earth balance, room temperature
- 2/3 cup hazelnut spread
- 3 cups vegan powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease or line a 12 cup cupcake tin.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and Earth Balance on low/medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla, soy milk and vinegar
- Slowly pour in the dry ingredients and beat on low-medium until combined
- Spoon the batter into the cupcake tin, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way full
- Spoon two teaspoons of your hazelnut/chocolate spread into a batter-filled cupcake liner and swirl. Repeat with every cupcake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Once your cupcakes cool, make the frosting by combining all ingredients into a large bowl and mixing on low-medium speed for 1 minute.
- Frost and eat.